Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pecan Sandie Cookies


Pecan sandies are one of my favorite cookies and I found a recipe at elanaspantry.com that satisfied my sweet tooth. I used almond meal flour to her almond flour because that is all I had and I used unsalted butter to her salted butter. I do like to control my salt intake. It was an easy recipe. You can get her recipe at:
Elana's Pantry

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups almond meal flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
5 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and pecans. In a smaller bowl, mix together agave or honey, butter and vanilla. Mix wet ingredients into dry. 
Place dough in the center of one of the lined baking sheets and form into a large log approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Cover log with plastic wrap and put in freezer for 1 hour or until firm, unwrap and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices. Place slices on the lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool about 5 minutes then remove from baking sheet and place on rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment